Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ms. Jenkins, please come to the front desk

First thing this morning. Before the announcements had even come on. So I walked downstairs, worried that I had somehow offended a parent or administrator or co-worker and was about to be rudely and publicly chastised (it's happened before).

Instead, I'm told that my car has been hit. Fabulous. Made more fabulous because, oh wait, I'm STILL driving a rental car.

The car is mostly fine; someone rear-ended the car parked behind mine, bumping it into the rear bumper. If it had been my car, I would have said, "no big deal- forget it ever happened." But because it's NOT my car, I had to make a series of phone calls to the police, the insurance company, and Enterprise. Super fun times.

I mostly feel bad for the woman who hit the cars. It's really embarassing to cause an accident, and more embarassing still to hit a parked car. And to add insult to injury, she hit TWO parked cars belonging to teachers at her son's school. Talk about a rough morning.

No comments: