Tuesday, June 17, 2008

If you pay me $2, I'll stay at home!

At the end of school today, one of my students came over. I had given him $1 for "beating me" in a Sudoku competition (I was helping other students, not actually competing, just for the record. Unlike most of the people on that TV show, I AM smarter than a 5th grader, and most 6th graders, too). He put his hands on my shoulder, and said, "Ms. J, if you give me $2, I won't ever come back to school anymore. I'll be absent every day for the rest of the year! I promise!"

Maybe I need to stop being so transparent about my frustration that ALL of my students are still showing up (I only had TWO kids absent today-- better attendance than yesterday or Friday).

I do enjoy spending time with them, it just gets so loud with all of those kids in my room!

No comments: