Monday, May 19, 2008

The twilight zone

It's 8:01 AM, by my clock. 8:05 by my school clock (set to official school time). Teachers are required to be here by 8:00. Students are allowed upstairs at 8:00 on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

And yet . . . I am the only person on the entire floor. The only teacher in her classroom. The hallways are silent; there is a noted absence of students running and yelling down the hallways.

Was there a memo that I missed? The memo where the told us we wouldn't be having school today, after all? Or is there a secret staff meeting being held downstairs, one I wasn't told about? Who knows . . . but what a weird way to begin the week!

Also of note--

I wrecked my car last night. :( Brad said in the sermon yesterday that there is no need to test God-- if you're following Him, crazy things will happen. He will provide plenty of opportunities to show you that He takes care of you. Maybe this is an example of that.

It certainly was an opportunity to confirm that I made the right decision about teaching again next year. When I had the accident, I was actually on my way to my new principal's house to pick up a book. He came to meet me, and then drove me to the body shop (where I picked up a rental car). Overall, we probably spent about an hour and a half of quality time together. Definitely someone I am excited to work for and with next year.

No comments: