Saturday, May 17, 2008

School Update/ Conversation of the Week

Tajah (noticing a spreadsheet on my computer after school): Ms. Jenkins, what is this?
Me: It's a list of apartments I've been looking at. I'm trying to find somewhere to live next year.
Tajah: Where you gonna live at?
Me: I don't know yet. I looked at an apartment at 48th and Pine yesterday.
Tajah: We used to be going there all the time! You know that Blockbuster?
Me: Yes, Tajah. But I might not want to live there because of that. I always see people outside of that Blockbuster.
Tajah (laughing): Ms. Jenkins, people do not be hanging out outside of that Blockbuster. All those people got locked up. But people do be hanging out at that bar, you know that one? Right next to the dollar store.

Somehow, I'm less excited about the apartment at 48th and Pine . . .

Runner up:

Me: Tamir, are you sick?
Tamir: No! Why?
Me: I think you have verbal diarrhea. Words just keep flying out of your mouth, like you can't control them.
Tamir: Are you trying to say my breath smells bad? Ms. Jenkins is trying to play me! She trying to say my breath stink!
Salimata: (under her breath, from the other side of the room) Tamir be SLOW.

And PS- the other fun school update for the week- my class won the Career Day project contest. We get $50 to buy something educational (yeah right) or have a pizza party.

No comments: