Thursday, November 13, 2008

Teacher Dance-Off

We are having a teacher dance-off tomorrow.

Those of you who know me (and I think that's everyone who reads this), know that I am a bad, terrible, God-awful dancer. I'm currently teaching my kids about figurative language, so when I first referred to myself as the world's worst dancer, I immediately thought, "hyperbole." Then I realized that it might not be a hyperbole. I might actually be the world's worst dancer.

And yet, during afternoon advisory, I let my kids teach me how to dance. Hilarity followed. It was loud, crazy, and maybe a little riotous. But it was also really, really fun. I made a complete fool of myself in front of my students-- something that I don't think I've ever honestly done before.

We'll see where it gets me tomorrow. ;)

No comments: