Sunday, November 16, 2008

Teacher Dance-off: Results

I lost the first round. Not only was I not surprised, I also was not disappointed. As much fun as it was to completely humiliate myself in front of almost 200 kids once, I had no desire to repeat the performance. It's kind of a once-in-a-lifetime deal.

The highlight of the entire ordeal, however, was not while I was dancing. We judged the contest in a fashion similar to that of American Idol. While we had a panel of four judges, the winners were actually determined by crowd applause. As our Physical Education teacher was getting the kids ready to cheer if they thought I should win, one of my favorite students got a little ahead of herself and screamed, "YES SHE DID." Except that no one else was cheering yet. It was a little solo love for her advisory teacher.

Probably embarrassing for her, but endearing for me. Extra credit, anyone?

On a side note- I bought a really cute dress this weekend for a friend's wedding in December. SO excited!

No comments: